Sunday, June 7, 2009

6-07-09 Small Bed-Flowers

This is Kate's Garden.
It's named after the person who made it possible.
My name is Suzanne. This will be a record of the garden to feed and bless many. We hope to take you through the entire process of planting, canning, and drying fruit and veggies.
~God Bless This Garden~
Well, folks, no cardboad mulching today. My hernia is really acting up so will try again tomorrow. Jessica built a small bed and planted some flowers that I took from my apartment. Marigolds, Petunias, and Rose Moss. It looks like it will rain any second so we are in a bit of a hurry as my mobility scooter can't get wet and it's a couple of miles back to my apartment.

Green Beans are looking great.

More green beans.

Grape vine and cabbage plants in the background. The grape vines are where I want to use the cardboard mulch.

The blackberies are doing quite well. The have one little cluster of berries already.

Another shot of the blackberries.

I can't believe the potatoes! They look like could reach out and grab someone. :) I've never seen potatoes grow so much.

Sweet potatoes are starting to perk up now after the shock of being transplanted.

Jessica watering the red raspberries.

Everything is looking so good!

Watering some of the tomatoes.

The 20,000 carrot bed. :) :) They will really have to be thinned.

No comments: